Due to our different lifestyles; we all come across challenges that destabilize our emotions, causing stress and other discomforts.
There are numerous treatments to such, but just what comes to mind when you hear of a massage?
Only the thought itself sends a soothing sensation. Many will agree that there’s no better remedy for stress or pain like a deep massage.
Among many other benefits, a massage;
- Reduces depression, anxiety and evidently; blood pressure because it improves circulation
- Offers pain relief especially to those suffering from arthritis
- Restores and maintains the body’s energy if suffering from fatigue and overall weakness
- Initiates healing from sprains
- Reduces problems with stiff neck and shoulders as well as backaches
- Treats coughs, colds, and other sinus and respiratory problems
- Treats for insomnia
- Treats digestive disorders, bowel trouble, morning sickness, and menstrual cramps
- It also helps the skin to glow
A massage involves working and acting on the body with pressure commonly applied using hands, fingers, elbows, knees, forearm, feet, or a device. There are up to 80 massage therapy styles with a range of pressures, movements, and techniques focusing on different parts of the body!
Depending on the goal of the session the effects may be stimulating and invigorating or calming and sedative or both preventative and remedial.
Hence an individual may benefit by just one visit in a month, another may require more sessions.
Give us your feedback in the comment section and we can just schedule one in courtesy of our partners, The Premier Rehab and Wellness center.